Many innovative approaches to sustainable urban development are local success stories. However, such good practices are not always accessible to a broader target group - although it would be a great benefit if cities around the world could learn from and support each other. Against this background, our international community of practice Connective Cities brings together municipal experts with the aim of sharing know-how and in order to find new, tailor-made solutions for particular local needs and challenges.
For the coming months, starting in August 2020, Connective Cities calls for a range of new dialogue events and online workshops. German and international experts who are interested in sharing and contributing their expertise are encouraged to participate.
- Green Urban Infrastructure in Asian cities - project planning of municipal adaptation measures.
Virtual planning workshop starting on 3 August, 2020.
- Improvement of urban water supply, sanitation and urban mobility in Sub-Saharan Africa. Redefining service provision in unprecedented times.
Virtual Connective Cities Dialogue Event starting on 7 September, 2020.
- Virtual exchange on establishing an organisation of informal resource collectors in Mitrovica, Kosovo.
- Sustainable and resilient, regional and intercommunal land management. Challenges and opportunities for growing urban and regional centres.
Connective Cities Dialogue Event from 18 to 20 November 2020 in Trier, Germany.
- Asset Management to Optimize Water and Wastewater Infrastructure.
Connective Cities Dialogue Event from 30 November to 2 December, 2020 in Hamburg, Germany.